The towels we talk about here is terrycloth towel which have pile loops on both sides or on one sides the back side loops are cut.
The following are the standards or criteria to assess the towel’s grade.
1. Tearing strength . It is about the grade of material such as cotton and damage in dyeing and bleach process.
2. Yarn size: 21s single or two ply, 32s/2,16s/1 . This index tell about the yarn thick or thin, theoretically more coarse more strong.
3. Anti-pilling . This index relate the cotton quality, especially about the fiber, long and straight fibre less pilling.
4. Weight or Yarn counts and error band. It is about the towel’s thickness or grammage .
5. Color fastness 3~5 grade
- 5.1 light color fastness
- 5.2 crocking color fastness
- 5.2.1 wet
- 5.2.2 dry
- 5.3 washing color fastness 1~5 grade
- 5.4 bleach color fastness
- 5.4.1 hydrogen peroxide
- 5.4.2 chlorine
- 5.5 perspiration color fastness
- 5.6 saliva color fastness
- 5.7 stain
6. Stitches of hem and selvage
7. Water absorbency ( less than 10s) ASTM D4772 – 09
8. Dimensions and error range
10. Pile fall-off rate
11. Material 100% cotton
12.Safety standard, the limited use of certain chemicals Oeko-Tex Standard 100
13. Slippage resistance
14. yarn broken
15. Hole , not allowed
16. Oblique weft
17. Missing stitch
18. No backstitch
19. Lineal defects , not allowed
20. streak defects , not allowed
21. lumpy defects , not allowed